Monday, October 11, 2010

Beading Away this Past Weekend

This past weekend I learned Kumihimo while spending time with the beading group at a Bead Cave Weekend. I started with just the fiber and then after practicing to make sure I didn't miss any turns, I then tried it with adding beads. I was very happy with the finished piece and ready to make the next one. For those that don't know what Kumihimo is... Kumihimo is Japanese braiding, and is often combined with beads to make beautiful jewelry. I will try to take a photo and share the pieces I made this weekend.

I also learned how to bead a Rivoli. I am not finished with that piece yet as time ran out at the cave. So hopefully I get time to get back to it and finish it real soon.

The gals in the bead group are so talented and very helpful at teaching others in the group the how to's on things they make. I am just amazed at the talent that these gals have. While I have been beading for years, these gals create awesome pieces with seed beads. An area I didn't get into until seeing what they create. Now I want to learn all the techneques using seed beads!

No comments:

Post a Comment