Monday, October 4, 2010

To Many Projects So Little Time

Ever come across projects that you so wanted to do? If your like me, then you may have a huge collection of projects just waiting to be completed.

I wish there was more time in a day when it comes to doing crafts. I have an entire room dedicated to many different types of crafts. Let’s see how many that I can think of that are just waiting for me to give time to them...

Scrapbooking, Beading/Jewelry Making, Card Making, Rubber Stamping, Quilting, Oil painting, Water Coloring, Knitting, Crocheting. Oh let’s not forget that clay bought to make those little itty bitty ideas I had and still think up more ideas on top of the others. And what about the shrinky dink stuff, or all the acylic paint which was used to make painted flower pot as gifts a long time ago. And then there is all those silk flowers I like using with many projects, and all that ribbon. Oh yes, ribbon, lets not go there. Yes, I am one that loves trying my hand at all the different crafts out there. I love creating! Just wish I could create as fast as my mind thinks up of the many ideas that come to mind and giving me the time to complete each and every one of them.

Like many others out there, I would just love to be a person whose full time job or even part time for that matter had a studio where I would get to do any and all crafts just like the ones that host all those craft shows. How cool would that be to have a job like that to go to each and every day being creative and being around other creative people. My husband would love me even more if I could turn my love of crafts into a “real” money making career rather than making and giving away what I make or teaching it for free. I just have a hard time putting a price to the things I make or teach. I have tried and learned and been told I under priced. I need an agent to do all that for me. I myself am a bargain shopper and so if i wouldn't pay that much, I find it hard to see that others would.  LOL! My husband has been a good sport about it all. He mentions from time to time how he wishes I could turn my skills into a money making profit for him so he can retire. LOL! Gee, I just might enjoy that if he would take over all the home duties.  Now he does help with the dinner dishes lately. ;)

I can picture having a studio/store where people would come in and say I would like to learn this or that today and I could create away with them all day. Lord knows I probably have enough supplies to start a place like that. I just need a big enough space to actually spread out all the collection. Hmmm, that would be a big help in general to complete many projects. Then when an idea hits me, I would just go to that space and create. I wouldn't have to worry that I have an over flowing work space with another project going on. That's when I have this vision of my childrens bedrooms becoming another room to take over when they go off to college. But my husband would draw the line there.

So for now, I am hoping to find more time to complete the many project ideas and maybe share some of those here. It just might be my motivating tool. Maybe if I use this blog as my place to share what I make, I will complete more projects instead of just coming up with all the ideas. Here's to completing one this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment